Pursuant to the easing of restrictions imposed by the President of the Republic of Ghana in a bid to curb the COVID-19 pandemic, Management has taken the following decisions:
- Final year students of the University College should return to campus for academic work with effect from Monday, 15th June, 2020.
- Staff should return to work in preparedness for re-opening for final year students with effect from Wednesday, 10th June, 2020.
- Academic staff should arrange to start online lectures, with effect from Monday, 15th June, 2020, for students admitted in January; beginning with first semester courses.
- There shall be three weeks of academic work before examinations for final year students: two weeks for teaching and one week for revision.
- Penalty on registration by all students due for examination (those who have completed, final year and continuing) has been waived.
- There should be full payment of fees by all students before they should be allowed to sit for examinations
- Examinations will start with effect from Friday, 3rd July to Friday, 24th July, 2020 for final year students.
- As a special COVID-19 dispensation, the University will allow students to re-sit for papers they took in the second semester only, for a maximum of two courses.
- Re-sit examinations should be arranged in such a way that they will not conflict with the time-table for the main examinations.
- Discussions are underway with ASSAD to take a decision on how international students currently outside the country will sit for their examinations.
- The Library will be open for academic work from 9.00am to 7.00pm on Mondays to Saturdays.
- On MUCG students resident in AlphaRoyal hostel, discussions are underway with the Lay President of the Methodist Church Ghana to have any extra hostel fees being charged them on their return into residence to complete the academic year waived.
- Management will not be in position to make any financial commitment to students resident in private hostels in town and Centre Link. However, ASSAD and the Counselling Centre will be poised to offer other relevant support to them.
- Safety measures will be put in place to ensure a strict compliance with all hygiene protocols and a safe working environment.